Monday, February 27, 2012

Mom... whats for dinner?

My son: mom whats for dinner Me: Stew... My son: what kind of stew.... Me: stew stew.
HA! Im so funny. I was saying this as I was loading in my 239th load of laundry that day. I wasnt in the mood for such complicated questions!
So I started off with two beef boulion cubes and some butter. Probably half a stick...
 While that is melting together I grabbed flour and emerils seasoning and seasoned up the flour for the stew meat
 Then I gathered the rest of the ingredients. Mushrooms. Baby carrots. And an onion.
 Seasoned the flour...ALOT
 Coated the meat
 After the onions were soft and everything had melted together I added the meat and carrots
 The meat browned up really nicely. YUM

 Added the mushrooms ...
 Added the potatoes and more seasoning...
 After the meat was browned I put the pot in the oven at 350 for about an hour or so. It tasted really really good but the meat was still a little tough so I would have liked to have kept it in a little longer. There was alot of spice to this dish. Really warmed me up. yum

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! You are one great cook. Loved the desserts too! Maybe I can be you when I grow up. Any apple recipes???

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Michael Skloff - or Randee. not the kind YOUR would be interested in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, girl! Wanna come live with me???? :o)

    ReplyDelete