Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Some Quick and Easy Dinners

Since I blogged about a long time consuming I thought I would follow it up with a few easier ones that are great for busy weekenights. The first was artichoke pasta. There are some easy  variations to this. You can add mushrooms, spinach or chicken. I usually dont add chicken because its an easy meat free meal that you can make with items in usually in your pantry. Ok here we go!

Atrichoke Pasta
Gather your ingredients. There is only a few! A can of artichokes a lemon some parm cheese and o I forgot, a pot of boiling water for whatever pasta you want to use. I used penne.


Star with about a half a stick of butter in a pan and chop up 2-3 cloves of garlic.



Chop up your artichokes into quarters. I wouldn't go any smaller because they may just fall apart and we wouldn't want that!

 Throw those in with the garlic.
 ....add a handful of pecorino romano cheese (aka parm cheese)
 Squeeze in juice of one lemon and about a cup of water. Let this simmer while the pasta cooks...Then drain the pasta and stir in with the artichoke mix. I added some shredded mozz cheese at the end and tossed it all together. You can absolutely leave this out. I usually do!

Another pic of this creamy tasty easy pasta dish...enjoy every bite!

4 comments:

  1. Amy, the word verification will NOT let me post a comment. I have tried over and over.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, think I must have it figured out. Amy, you need to think about changing this gadget. This is my 7th try.

    So good to hear from you!

    Hugs, Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow barb i didnt even realize that. Im sorry for it being such a pain. will check it out thanks for being so persistant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't care for the canned or jarred artichokes, wonder what else I could use? You think asparagus would work? (The canned kind, I mean) or would it get too mushy?

    ReplyDelete