Monday, February 27, 2012

Sausage and Egg mess....but sooo good

I made up this recipe one nite when i wanted to make breakfast for dinner but didnt want to use 38 pots and pans or fuss with an omelet. So I started off by browning up some trusty old Jones breakfast sausage. YUM. Its in the frozen section. Its not the links its a roll of it for lack of a  better description.


 Here is the sausage you can see it sorta in its original 'log' form. I just browned it up

Then once it was all cooked I added a chunk and I do mean chunk of frozen hash brown potatoes. I just took it out of the freezer and threw some in. Maybe about a cup or two.

I let this cook for a while on high heat because I really wanted a crispy tater


Then I added some eggs. It was probably 4 or 6. I cant really remember. Whatever you think your family will eat. I scrambled them with a little milk salt and pepper and put them in the pot and turned the heat down to keep them from over cooking .

I let the eggs cook a while on low because I was going to add cheese and I wanted to be sure the eggs were fully cooked before I added the cheese so I didnt mistake uncooked eggs for melted cheese.... ick

 After I dished it out I added a little more cheese to the top. It was just shredded cheese in a package. I think the mexican blend. It doesnt have any mexican seasoning or anything I just like the way it melts... and tastes!
 Thats it! I have no idea why the picture quality is so poor. I apologize! You could very easily add all sorts of ingredients that you would to any type of omelet. Mushrooms onions peppers ham... I just had these 4 ingredients and it really came out delicious and was very easy and quick to clean up!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know all y'all up in Jersey used the word "tater" !!!

    My husband would love this.

    Do you cook every night?

    ReplyDelete