Friday, September 23, 2011

Finally! Some pictures and posts!!

I still cant find my camera but my sister was nice enough to lend me hers so its time to get busy
This is a wardrober that I grabbed off the street last week. It belonged to friends of mine and she didnt have any place to put it and hated to part with it. So I said I would be happy to give it a new home!!

 I wasnt sure if I would like something that is really meant for a bedroom to be in the living room but I love it. I must admit the decorations are pretty cute. I bought the sugar and creamer and plates at homegoods last week. And the leaf plate. O and I put scrapbooking paper on the shelves and in the drawers.


I love this picture. The candle was in my dining room and one of the things I bought that day before the hurricane when I was on the hunt for "primitives"

This is the top. The sunflower garland I got at AC MOORE last week along with the grapevine pumpkin. The fabric pumpkin I bought at Jo Anne fabric a few weeks ago.


Now this is the first crafty  thing I have done in a while and I love it. I found the black plant stand at Kmart I think for $4. I went and bought terra cotta pots from ac moore and stuck some floral foam in it. Then I just started cutting fake flowers and putting them in the foam. The bottom center flowers are  different ones all in one bunch. I put that in the center. The rest are just pieces from others that I stuck in. Then I took a berry garland and wrapped it around the whole thing. THEN I tied raffia around the top. I also bought two small strands of lights and put on in the top and bottom pot. The entire thing maybe cost $20. I love it and think it will but fun to change it out for spring. I dont know if I will use it at christmas. Maybe I will paint pots and go from there.


I love aprons! I feel like I have to have one on when Im cleaning or cooking. My mother wore an apron all the time. Im such a messy cook that I def need one as much as I can. Anyway. I couldnt leave this one at the store. It was way to pretty and sweet to leave behind. It is hard to see but embroidered above the leaves it says "harvest" love it. Its from Home Goods.

Here is a close up of the plant stand arrangement. It really is cute and after I made it I realized how much I have missed being creative and making things for the house. It is really cute.


Well that wraps it up for this post. I love the new piece and it was just what I needed. I had so much fun decorating it and looking around in my collections to add small touches. It was alot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. This is MY kind of fun!!!!!!! And I love your wardrobe, what a unique piece. Just the sort of thing I am hoping to find for our place in Arkansas.

    I need a fairly large cabinet for my candles. I am hoping to find a court cupboard somewhere for a price that won't cause my husband to stroke out!! :P

    ReplyDelete