Sunday, September 25, 2011

Momma's Meatballs

My meatballs are so famous and sought after that they deserved their very own post! I have to admit and Im sure I have said this before but I am not a measur-er with alot of my recipes and the meatballs are one of them. I judge by smell feel and look. Sometimes I will bake one really quickly and taste test it as there are many willing participants in my house willing to test them out!!

Ingredients. About a pound and a half of chop meat
80% lean. Garlic powder, percorino romano cheese, and white bread. You can also add dried parsley but I often forget this


Mix together chop meat 2 eggs 2 slices of white bread crumbled and some roamno cheese probably about 2-3 Tablespoonsful. Also about 1-2 tsp of garlic powder.

Mix together and form into balls. The chunks of white bread keep it moist along with the eggs. I dont use bread crumbs. Its hard to describe the consistancy of it. Probably the same as a meatloaf mix.

Bake at 350 for maybe 20 minutes. Cut open to be sure they are cooked thru. I always make sure they are totally cooked before adding them to my sauce. These are really really good. Its also good to put them in the crock pot with sauce all day its an easy way to keep them hot and ready to eat when you want. My mother makes them this way. I still cant get mine to taste as good as hers. I like to think its because she has 30 years experience making these. Im at about 5! Enjoy!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment